The only hyaluronic acid of fungal origin. Patented and proven to be more effective.
At VIVATIS Pharma, we are proud to present our latest breakthrough product, GreenIuronic® – the world’s first hyaluronic acid derived entirely from fungal sources. Our innovative extraction process from the tremella mushroom offers a unique and sustainable alternative to animal-derived hyaluronic acid, making it a revolutionary step towards a more ethical and environmentally conscious industry.
- Naturally obtained from the Tremella mushroom using a gentle extraction process with water.
- Clinically proven by an in-vivo study to be more effective than conventional products based on sodium hyaluronate.
- Our GreenIuronic® is characterized by its high molecular weight.
Learn more about the latest findings and advantaqes.
High Molecular Weight - Latest findings and advantages.
The biologic effects of hyaluronic acid vary widely with its molecular weight:
Comparison: High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW HA) versus Low molecular weight hyaluronic acid (LMW HA)
- Oral ingestion of HMW-HA does not lead to inflammation
- HMW HA over 800 KDA leads to a more viscous and elastic fluid than a LMW HA (advantage esp for joints and corresponding injections).
- Shock absorption better
- Lubrication better
Shock absorption and lubrication are dependent on the viscoelastic properties of hyaluronic acid. If the molecular weight of hyaluronic acid lowers, the joint becomes less lubricated and is unable able to absorb shock.
- High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW HA) is better for providing skin hydration
- Anti-aging effects better for skin health
- Our body contains HMW HA not LMW HA.
Our bodily systems readily recognizes HMW HA and therefore LMW HA can readily be confusing
- Longevity (improve lifespan)
High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HMW HA) has been associated with longevity
Orally-ingested LMW HA has shown the opposite effects: some studies have reported inflammatory properties with the activation of the immune response1)
HA with MW less than 5 kDa induced phenotypic changes of macrophage faciliating pro-inflammatory response.
HA with MW of 2000 to 4000 kDa was found to inhibit interleukin-6repressing proteoglycan degradation in articular cartilage.2)
2. - 4.
What is molecular weight?
Naturally occurring hyaluronic acid has a high molecular weight. The molecular weight of hyaluronic acid is of great importance to the health of the joint and skin. High molecular weight hyaluronic acid (weighing over 800kDa) produces a fluid which is much more viscous (thick and sticky) and elastic (the ability of a material to return to its original shape after experiencing deformation) than its low molecular weight counterpart (ranging between 80-800kDa). Shock absorption and lubrication are dependent on the viscoelastic properties of hyaluronic acid. If the molecular weight of hyaluronic acid lowers, the joint becomes less lubricated and is unable able to absorb shock. A joint which is poorly lubricated and less able to withstand shock is at a higher risk of injury and degeneration (Bowman et al., 2018). degradation in articular cartilage.3)
5. - 6.
High VS. low hyaluronic acid: Different effects
HMW-HA is valued for its excellent hydration properties and anti-aging effect. It can hold more water and provide better hydration to the skin. It can also create a film-like barrier on the skin, preventing moisture loss and protecting the skin from environmental aggressors. It is often used in skincare products to provide long-lasting hydration, improve skin texture and elasticity, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. degradation in articular cartilage.4)
High VS. low hyaluronic acid: Different effects
In response, producers have begun to market various low-molecular-weight (LMW) versions of the Hyaluronic Acid molecule.
But these LMW variants have some significant shortcomings when compared with HMW-HA.
While our bodily systems readily recognize HMW-HA (because that’s what is predominantly produce naturally), LMW-HA can easily confuse our bodies and can be misidentified.5)
Cancer resistance, high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, and longevity
In fact, there is evidence that high molecular-weight HA is absorbed and distributed to cognitive tissues after its oral administration (Balogh et al.2008)
Many stidies have shown that high-molecular-weight HA exhibits anti-inflammatory effects by inhibiting cell proliferation and mobility in vivo. Conversely, low-molecular-weight HA has been observed to stimulate cell proliferation and mobility, thus resulting in proinflammatory effects.6)
1) Hyaluronic Acid in the Third Millennium, Arianna Fallacara, Erika Baldini, Stefano Manfredini and Silvia Vertuani
2) Molecular Weight of Hyaluronic Acid Has Major Influence on Its Efficacy and Safety for Viscosupplementation in Hip Osteoarthritis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, Yen-Zung Wu, Hsuan-Ti Huang, Cheng-Jung Ho. Chia-Lung Shih, Chung-Hwan Chen, Tsung-Lin Cheng, Ying-Chung Wang and Sung-Yen Lin
3) Bowman, S., Awad, M.E., Hamrick, M.W., Hunter, M. & Fulzele, S. 2018, Recent advances in hyaluronic acid based therapy for osteoarthritis, Wiley.e journal of HA science, Mr. Wong, etc
5) The Benefits Of High Molecular Weight Hyaluronic Acid (hyalogic.com)
6) Cancer resistance, high molecular weight hyaluronic acid, and longevity, Gary J. Fisher